Margaret Ville – Condo Project Details
Margaret Ville Newest Update
15/4: Starbuy units currently available! Direct Discount between 30-80k depending on br types. Register for discount here before heading down to showroom.
1/1: MCL Wishes all partners, agencies, and buyers a very Happy New Year 2019
15/11: Attractive prices from 9xxk available in Margaret Ville. Register to secure your discount and appointment timing! Prices subject to change.
15/8: Attractive prices from 9xxk available in Margaret Ville. Register to secure your discount and appointment timing! Prices subject to change. Please refer to our Home Page under Prices for breakdown. Or contact us for more info.
25/5: Have you registered your special early bird discount? Please register to do so before the balloting!
18/5: Showroom is opening tomorrow (19 May) at 11am for registered buyers. Please call 63879196 for immediate registration before you come to secure your priority pass and VIP discounts.
5/5 – Floor plans updated. Please inform us via contact form or hotline if you would like a private presentation before showroom opens on 19th May 2018.
11/4: Margaret Ville Seminar for registered buyers will be held on 22/4 at MDIS (Stirling Rd), 2pm. Tickets on reservation only. Please call or use contact form to make a reservation. Seats are limited.
10/4/2018: Showroom opening soon! Please contact our sales associates or click here to register under Priority Preview.
10/3/2017: Indicative Stack Info: 40 Storey Units starting from Level 2 onwards. Each floor to have 4 lifts. Showflat type 1,2,3 bedrooms
1/3/2017: Showroom expected to open on April 2018. Priority Viewers who have not received your verification SMS please call 63879196 for confirmation.
8-01-17: Margaret Ville Condo Price indicative price launching after CNY 2018
08-01-17: VVIP Pre-Registration Opens. Click here to Register Now!
01-01-17: Happy New Year 2018! Margaret Ville Official Site Launch
MRT – Commonwealth and Queenstown MRT
From Commonwealth MRT Station, we are:
- 2 stops to One North
- 2 Stops to Holland Village
- 3 Stops to Kent Ridge
- 3 Stops to Tiong Bahru
- 4 Stops to Jurong East
- 4 Stops to Outram
- 5 Stops to Chinatown
- 6 Stops to Clarke Quay
Important Hubs from Margaret Ville
- One North is the centre for high tech and first class research facilities. There will be business parks and commercial spaces welcoming industries from biomedical sciences, engineering, IT, media. Its aim is to provide quality and supportive spaces to support the growth and economies of these modules.
- Nepal Hill is currently planned and will launch as a leadership training and personnel development hub and centre. Four Acres Singapore, which is a well known worldwide leader development centre, will open this year, along with Unilever.
- Procter and Gamble, Lucasfilm, Mediacorp has also invested substantially and is committed to the research and business communities.
- Covering 30 hectares of the one-north development, the Fusionopolis cluster is designed to provide an environment conducive to growth in the information and communications technologies (ICT), media, physical sciences and engineering industries. The state-of-the-art research facilities promote infinite possibilities in scientific research and technological breakthroughs, while its abundant resources empower scientists and researchers to discover and innovate.
- Fusionopolis also provides a fertile ground for collaboration, making it the choice location for companies embarking on end-to-end business activities.
- Holland Village is also warmly known as Holland V, is a neighbourhood located between the boundaries of the planning areasof Bukit Timah and Queenstown/Commonwealth
- Holland Village is very popular among Singaporeans and expats for its dining and shopping options. It has a wide variety of beer gardens, concept cafes, delicacies and specialist shops.
- Along the Jalan Mambong Road Food stretch, major food groups and famous brands such as Crystal Jade and Sushi Tei, BreadTalk will satisfy your hunger. For the caffeine seeker and sweet tooth there is The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Subway, and Häagen-Dazs. There are also plenty of kopitiam, markets and food courts selling a variety of local dishes. The character of Holland Village area is characterised by the more classier dining options such as multiple ethnic restaurants from India and Turkey, as well as overseas franchises like the Tapas Beer bullies can look for Tango’s, and Harry’s Bar. The most visited and busy has to be Wala Wala providing good live music every night, and a very chill atmosphere for spending the evening before returning back home to Margaret Ville.
Education and Schools
- Queenstown is known for the variety and strength of the education facilities and options. There is Queenstown Primary School, Queensway Secondary School and Anglo-Chinese School (International), Bukit Merah Secondary School, New Town Secondary School, Tanglin Trust School and Crescent Girls School
- Tertiary Institutes nearby includes National University of Singapore, Singapore Polytechnic, Anglo-Chinese Junior College, MIDS UniCampus and Singapore Institute of Technology.
Shopping Centres and Malls
- Anchor Point Shopping Centre, Ikea @ Alexandra, Holland Road Shopping Centre, Queensway Shopping Centre, Alexandra Central and Dawson Place is within immediate vicinity of Margaret Ville.
- Bigger malls and shopping options such as Vivocity, Great World City and Orchard area shopping belt are within 5-10 minutes’ drive away
- Within even nearer or walking distance there is the NTUC Fairprice at Stirling Road, NTUC Fairprice at Dawson estate, and Sheng Siong Hypermarket situated at Tanglin Halt.
The launch of Margaret Drive via GLS (Government Land Sales) was in month of December 2016. This district and stretch which starts from Queensway/Commonwealth to Tiong Bahru is always very attractive and sought-after, for both HDB Buyers and Private. The site is approximately 500m to Commonwealth MRT and 800m to Queenstown MRT – both walkable distance. The site is expected to add 275 residential units into District 3’s inventory.
Price Bid History
The 99-year leasehold site was made available on the Reserve List of the Government Land Sales (GLS) programme for the second half of 2016. Located near the Commonwealth MRT station and close to the Ayer Rajah Expressway, the site sits on 4,809.8 square metres and can yield a maximum allowable gross floor area of approximately 22,195 sq m, the URA said. This is equivalent to 238,905 sq feet that can be developed into about 275 homes.
There was a total of 14 developers jumping into the area to try to get a piece of land in this prestigious estate, MCL Land submmited the highest bidding price of $238.39m for Margaret Ville. The psf ppr works out to 998$. AllGreen Properties bidded closely at 7.9% behind, which is considered very competitive and close.
MCL’s bid for the Margaret Drive site translates into S$997.85 per sq ft per plot ratio.
MCL’s successful land bid of Margaret Ville is 14.5 per cent higher than the land price of the land parcel on which Queens Peak was sold, recently 2 years ago, in June 2015 at S$871.14 psf ppr, even though the subject site is further away from the MRT station. The highest bidder amount for Margaret Ville site was the second highest compared to the entirety of submitted bids for the GLS residential sites since 2009.
URA Queenstown Planning Area
- Homes in Queenstown are highly popular given their proximity to the city. Queenstown will see more diverse housing options for Singaporeans and opportunities for young couples to live close to their families.
- Margaret Drive will see new public housing, the development of new private housing nearby and the construction of a nursing home to serve the needs of elderly residents. Ghim Moh will see new high-density housing in future. New homes will soon rise near the fringes of Holland Village.
Queenstown offers a wide range of recreational facilities and landscapes for residents of all ages to delight in their favourite outdoor activities. In addition to major parks such as West Coast Park, Kent Ridge Park and Hort Park, residents have easy access to green spaces within the housing estates. Green spaces are being planned for most households to be no more than a 10-minute walk away from a park:
- An expanded park connector network, including links to the future Round Island Route, will make it easier for residents to walk or cycle to other parks and attractions
- A new community park at Holland Village
- The Rail Corridor as a green route for walking and cycling
- An innovative park at one-north that will have a car park tucked underneath it and that will double up as an outdoor event space next to MediaCorp’s new campus
Economy – Growth and Jobs
The development of one-north is progressing steadily and will continue to create exciting job opportunities in this cutting-edge live-work-play-learn environment. Upcoming developments include
- Lucasfilm’s Sandcrawler, at Fusionopolis
- The Metropolis, a new office building next to Buona Vista MRT Station
- Mediacorp’s new headquarters at Mediapolis
- Campuses of ESSEC
- Unilever’s Four Acres Corporate University at Nepal Hill
Identity – Queenstown and Holland Village
As the first satellite town, Queenstown has a rich history that is closely linked to Singapore’s nation building. Today, several buildings, including Princess House, the former Anchor Brewery Brewmaster’s House and the Church of the Blessed Sacrament, have been conserved.
To further preserve memories of a shared past and to enrich residents’ sense of belonging, more heritage buildings will be conserved:
- Former Commonwealth Avenue Wet Market at Block 38 Commonwealth Avenue, which will be incorporated into a new HDB development
- Queenstown Library, the first community library in Singapore
- Blocks 1, 2 and 6 of the historic Alexandra Hospital
- 394 Alexandra Road
Besides these treasured landmarks, Queenstown is home to Holland Village, one of the more popular lifestyle destinations in Singapore. While there are plans to rejuvenate an old housing precinct, care will be taken to safeguard its distinctive character as an urban village with intimate streetscapes.
Besides new housing, there will be a new community park planned for this area and a new mixed-use development that will provide sufficient car parking for visitors. The extended Holland Village will have a human-scale, pedestrian-oriented environment and public spaces.
Showflat is located along Margaret Drive Singapore
Why Sign up for Showflat Preview?
- Get first hand updates from developer
- Get ebrochure and floor plan
- Secure the VIP discounts *
- Get updates on unit sold
- Non-obligatory showroom preview by developer sales team*
- Do preliminary assessment